It’s hard to believe that London is here and I will be competing in my second Olympic games. It’s also hard to believe that I have been training for four years straight where if I take my best times in the events that I will be competing in, will total just under 8 minutes. Here is my schedule for London:
- Wednesday, 29AUG – Opening Ceremony
- Thursday, 30AUG – 400 Meter Freestyle (9:30am Prelims; 5:30pm Finals)
- Friday, 31AUG – Day Off – Rest
- Saturday, 01SEPT – Day Off – Rest
- Sunday, 02SEPT – 100 Meter Butterfly (9:30am Prelims; 5:30pm Finals)
- Monday, 03SEPT – Day Off – Rest
- Tuesday, 04SEPT – 100 Meter Freestyle (9:30am Prelims; 5:30pm Finals)
- Wednesday, 05SEPT – 100 Meter Backstroke (9:30am Prelims; 5:30pm Finals)
- Thursday, 06SEPT – Day Off – Rest
- Friday, 07SEPT – 50 Meter Freestyle (9:30am Prelims; 5:30pm Finals)
- Saturday, 08SEPT – Celebrate with family and friends
- Sunday, 09SEPT – Closing Ceremony
ABC TV (ABC1 & ABC2) will show over 100 hours of exclusive coverage of the London 2012 Paralympic Games beginning with the opening ceremony on August 30.
Also, the International Paralympic Committee will feature more than 780 hours of live sporting coverage on www.paralympic.org.
U.S. Paralympics YouTube channel, http://www.youtube.com/USParalympics.
All NBC and NBC Sports Network Paralympic highlight shows and specials will re-air on Universal Sports Network and UniversalSports.com.
It should be an exciting couple of weeks. I am prepared and ready. It’s been a long four years as I have prepared for these games and I’m proud to be one of the 227 athletes competing in 19 sporting events that will be representing the USA. I have met some incredible people through this journey and I thank all of you for your constant encouragement, inspiration and support.